Saturday, July 11, 2009

War.

Now, I've been thinking about this a lot, and am going to explain my feelings to this topic on this blog.

War. It is the highest crime imaginable. Think about it. Men and women are trained to go out and murder people, and get paid for it! If they lose their lives, no-one cares, because it was for "The good of the country". It's sick. It's revolting. War doesn't solve anything. All war does is get hundreds and hundreds of people dead.

In school, we're taught how to solve problems without hitting people, or getting people hurt, our parents get angry if we hurt our siblings, but yet both the teachers and our parents cry when they see another Australian die in war. Why cry? They were taught to kill. They probably DID kill.

So, in my opinion, as a normal teenage christian girl, should people who are risking their lives, to destroy others lives, really be as honourable as people say?

In my opinion, no.

Now I want to know all of YOUR opinions, because mine could be very screwed.

Leave your opinions in a comment for this posting.

Thanks guys.

WTYL,
Aiimzz,
xx.

2 comments:

  1. Hey darl,
    I know what you mean. War is pointless, I completely agree. It is a pointless practice, two or more countries have a disagreement and then hundreds upon hundreds of normal people like you or me are killed because of it. It is stupid, stupid, stupid and each night when I watched the news I die a little bit inside thinking of all the people who will never make it to old age or who might not ever know the joy of true love. But what I think we must understand is that sometimes these people who go to war don't know what they are getting themselves into. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't want to kill people but to defend the ones they love. Most of the time the people in the army who don't want to kill and they are traumatised for years because of killing a single person. I wouldn't go into the army, myself. But I think we have to realise that there are a variety of reasons while people do what they do. Though I agree the sooner war is gone from the world the better, however I fear that it will never be gone. Though perhaps, we can make a difference, perhaps we as the youth of tomorrow can make a difference.
    Your opinions aren't whacked, they are just the opinions of a smart, teenage girl.
    Love you always,
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I think your right War is just garbage and shouldnt excist. BUT
    one of the reason some people goin the army is to protect the country they love & the people to love.
    Sometimes one Country would be trying to protect them selves and their beliefs, Then you get the other side that are just selfish and want land or just want to rule. Also both sides would think they are innocent.
    One thing I can remember about the army abd War is that we have people that care for us and they were called diggers and the ones now.
    War is wrongg no Question there.
    But to give your life for billions of people like us i think y not and i would if i had too and will if they ever need that. And yes i am almost repeating jess in tyhis sentence: even though they are taught to kill doesnt mean they are any different then any of us and they are haunted for killing another human being.
    Like in one war the 2 countrys stop fighting for xmas and sat together like close relative and found out there was no differences between them at all and that there was no reason for the war, so that war came to an end.

    See ya at school amy.
    P.S: I probably made you confused (LOL)

    ReplyDelete